How to Stop Hair From Falling Out?
All of us dream to have lovely, shiny and beautiful hair. But unfortunately, how to stop hair from falling out has become an irritating problem affecting millions of people throughout the world. Although hair loss is a painless process, but loosing hair on a daily basis could be a distressing experience. According to beauty and hair experts, losing 80-100 hair strands per day is normal, but losing more than 100 strands on a daily basis is considered a serious hair fall problem. Whether you are losing more than 100 strands a day or not, but want to know how to stop hair from falling out, this post is exactly for you!
Irregular or premature hair loss can be due to various reasons, e.g. poor diet, medications, pollution, mineral deficiency, stress, genetics, etc. Sometimes wearing helmets and caps, mechanical damages like ripping brushes and combs through the hair and some inappropriate hair care techniques can also increase hair loss. No matter, what is the cause of your hair loss, it is very important to know that what hair loss is, how hair grows normally, and what you should do to stop hair loss?
Let us talk about some of the ways to stop hair loss.
- Take Proper Care of Your Hair
There is no guaranteed way to stop your hair loss that is genetically programmed or because of some reason that is not under your control. However, there are some ways you can adopt to give a maximum age to your hair and make them stay in top condition.
- Avoid using constant, frequent heating and drying procedures for your hair.
- Do not dye your hair so often. It is good to dye after 6-8 weeks and try half coverage instead of full dyeing.
- Avoid hair styles that need tight elastics and tight pulling like clips, ribbons, etc.
- Regularly wash your hair with shampoo and always keep them clean from dust and dandruff, and never let your hair dry.
- Get a scalp massage to boosting scalp circulation. This could be very helpful in decreasing your hair loss.
- Eat Good for Hair
Another important factor about how to stop hair from falling out is your diet. A good balanced diet can be very beneficial in keeping you, your hair and scalp in a good and healthy condition. A healthy and fit body has greater chances to have healthy and strong hair as compared to an unhealthy body. A healthy diet including some minerals and fruits can be helpful in stopping hair loss.
- Protein makes your hair strong and healthy, but remember it is dietary protein not from your shampoo.
- Increase intake of Vitamin C and iron for healthy hair and try to take them together as Vitamin C improves iron absorption.
- Omega 3 fatty acids play a vital role in preventing your hair from becoming brittle, fragile and dry.
- Zinc is a very good nourishment for your hair, so take care of zinc intake
- Try avoiding low calorie liquid diets as they play a role in hair fall
- Control Stress
As you probably already know that stress damages every part of your body, so it obviously causes hair loss. If you are losing hair, it is a clear indication that you are under stress and unable to manage that stress in a good way.
- Always make sure that you are getting enough sleep
- Make exercise a habit as it helps you physically and mentally. Along with coping up with stress, exercise improves your overall blood circulation.
- Test Your Hair for Thinness
Hold your hairs firmly and pull them gently, if more than six hairs are pulled out every time, there are great chances that you have hair loss problem. If you are looking for some ways on how to stop hair from falling out, this test could be very helpful in this regard, because it will immediately let you know whether you are losing hair or not, and you can start immediate treatment if this test is positive.
- If Your Hair Loss is Confirmed, Get Treatment
Although this article is about preventive measures on how to stop hair from falling out, but some treatment options can really help in preventing or slowing down hair loss. The first step towards the treatment should be to identify the cause of hair loss. It is because temporary hair fall usually remedies itself or can be treated with some specific therapy. There are different treatment options for continuing or ongoing hair loss, and your doctor or hair transplant expert will recommend you some specific treatments according to your condition.